If you are a parent of a student currently enrolled in the PSD and you would like to become a regular volunteer at a School District school you must pass two background clearances: the PA Criminal Record Check and the PA Child Abuse History Clearance.
If you ARE NOT a parent please visit this page.
Before working in a school, all potential volunteers must show proof that their clearances are in process. Once the final reports are received they must be provided to school’s administrators (or as per school’s policy). Money Orders can be purchased at any US Postal Office.
1. Request for Criminal Record Check - This must be completed first. It can be performed online – which will provide results immediately. Cost is $10.00 (by credit card)
- Visit https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Select “Submit a New Record Check”
- Read and accept Terms and Conditions
- Follow instructions
2. Request for Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance - Must be done through the mail. Cost is $10.00 (by money order)
- Visit http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/findaform/childabusehistoryclearanceforms/index.htm
- Click on link to download form Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Form (CY-113)
- Follow instructions on completing form.
- Select “Volunteer” for Purpose of Clearance
- Attach copy of Criminal Record Check to form